Friday, May 4, 2007

Erwin McManus' Global Impact

A Brief Follow Up To "Non-Profit or Non-Existent"

In my previous post I pointed out that according to the January 2007 issue of CR Online, Erwin McManus is both the founder and president of Global Impact. I also pointed out that I was unable to find any other reference to this organization apart from promotional biographies of Erwin McManus such as this one posted by CR Online, http://www.thechurchreport.com/mag_article.php?mid=875&mname=January . . .

12. ERWIN MCMANUS MOSAIC Los Angeles, Calif.


McManus serves as cultural architect of Mosaic in Los Angeles, Calif, which has emerged as a spiritual reference point for the future church. As founder of Global Impact, McManus is recognized as a national and international speaker engaging such issues as globalization, leadership, cultural transformation, post-modernism and church growth. He partners with Bethel Seminary as a distinguished lecturer and futurist and is also a contributing editor for Leadership Journal.

. . . and this one at Bethel University, http://www.bethel.edu/alumni/HeartMind/vol14no3/drummer/index.html.

Erwin McManus Lead pastor of Mosaic and president of Global Impac


I discovered another reference to Erwin McManus and Global Impact at Golden Gate Seminary, dated 2005,
http://www.ggbts.edu/news/gateway-spr05.pdf

McManus also regularly speaks on leadership and global diversity across the nation and world. He is a contributing editor for Leadership Journal and founded Awaken, a team of collaborators who specialize in unleashing personal creativity. He also is president of Global Impact and a consultant for small churches to Wall Street investment firms.


I left a comment at http://www.erwinmcmanus.org where I asked the question, "What is Global Impact?" I received an email response from Mosaic Navigator Eric Bryant stating that “Global Impact no longer exists.” No explanation was offered as to what Global Impact was or when it ceased to exist.

Personally, I would still like to know what Global Impact was but I don't think I will be getting an answer to this question from anyone at Mosaic.

Yvonne

No comments: