Friday, November 23, 2007

Fleeing Daylight?

What happened to Awaken.Org?


As a regular part of my routine here at Solid Foods I check for broken links every now and then to ensure that my readers are able to access the same information sources I've used in compiling my reports on Erwin McManus, Awaken and Mosaic.

This past week I discovered what appear to be several broken links to Awaken.org.

Accessing http://awaken.org/ still takes you to the front page of the Awaken website but the drop down menus at the top of the page appear to have been removed. This means that from this page you can no longer access the sections entitled:

"Movement": Conferences and workshops such as the Origin's Project, Ethos, Yelo

"Imagination": Awaken Films, Wide Awake Records, Urban Poets

"Humanity": Awaken Humanity (the non-profit, humanitarian aide arm of Awaken)

"Village": International Mentoring Institute (founded by Erwin's brother, Alex McManus), IMPAC Services (a capital stewardship company once hired by Mosaic.)

"Resources": A place to purchase cds, dvds, books and other Erwin McManus related products.

Most of the guestions I have raised about "Awaken" were based on information gleaned from these areas of Awaken.org but thankfully only a few of the links I provided in my reports no longer work. For now, the links that still work may be the only way to access this information.




To My Readers:

If you discover a broken link, please drop me a line at yvonneneem@gmail.com. Include the link (cut and paste it directly into your email) and tell me which post it appears in so that I can comment on it or you can add a comment to the post in which the broken link appears. I would appreciate the extra eyes.

Thanks,

Yvonne W.


UPDATE: Well, it appears that whatever problem it was that Awaken.org was experiencing has been fixed. The missing subtitles are once again available for view.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your best work. The following quote concerned me:

“Well, obviously when someone says something negative about you, especially something that’s untrue, that’s hurtful..."

What has been said here or the other blogs that are untrue? I know Eric and others from Mosaic have tried to explain some of Mosaic's past missteps, but they have never gave any convincing arguements or more importantly any supporting evidence. And the backup to this is on the net. I've been very happy to see MOP and its members correct one another and its great to see the bloggers not allow comments that are misleading or false. You guys have been upfront and honest. Erwin saying you guys are writing untrue things. What is he referring to? However, you guys, have pinpointed every statement that Erwin has said. He's a public person. He hasn't always been honest, and he's a pastor. He got a free pass for so many years. What is he upset about? Weren't you guys the ones lied to?
Ann

Yvonne W. said...

The comment above was also sent to my gmail account. I believe the poster intended to have it appear under, "Erwin McManus and the "low morale" of the Church on Brady" :

http://solidfoods.blogspot.com/2008/01/erwin-mcmanus-and-low-morale-of-church.html

Yvonne W.

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to e-mail you directly? Thanks!

Yvonne W. said...

Anonymous,

All comments come directly to my email before being posted.

Yvonne W.